1320 Performance cold air intake system comprised of powder coated heat shield that draw cool air from front of the vehicle and keep the engine heat away, high quality washable / reusable K&N Air Filter, powder coated intake tube & our custom made 5 ply throttle body to intake tube silicone coupler to allow for proper hood clearance and because it's 5 ply it will not collapse under heavy load like the common 2-3 ply silicone coupler out there. very easy install with common hand tools i did the install below in less than 30 minutes, no need to cut / splice /extend wires no permanent modification to the vehicle. our kit has been on our test vehicle for over 4000 miles no check engine light and oem style fitment. This modification is easy 8+HP upgrade for your Polaris Slingshot.
Offroad use only not to be used on emission controlled vehicles.
SHIPPING: Shipping is $20 tolower 48 states of the USA, including a tracking number.P.O. Boxes and Military AFO/APO addresses andAlaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico Guam and other U.S. virgin islands there will be additional $20 charge we will send you a paypal invoice with in 24 hours after purchase. Thank you
Basic installation guide only. this installation is not for the mechanically challenged! If you are not mechanically inclined or do not understand the procedure please do not attempt the installation. Refer the installation to a reputable mechanic.
1. remove factory air box and hose. remove the air temperature sensor and breather tube.
2. install the 2 rubber grommets onto the intake tube. A flat head screw driver help the install process.
3. Rubber Grommet installed on to the intake tube.
4. Install the air temperature sensor and breather tube fitting onto the grommets.
5. install rubber protector onto the headshield box to prevent scratch up the intake tube.
6. heat shield placed in the correction position with the rubber tube protector installed.
7. rear heat shield bracket match up to the OEM factory bracket use factory screw,
8. driver side heat shield bracket scew installed.
9. passenger side heat shield bracket scew installed
10. K&N air filter holder hardware and heat shield bracket hardware.
11. remove the K&N filter from the box and open the wrapper.
12. place the K&N air filter inside the heat shield box.
13. how the air filter retaining hard ware look like installed, you can shorten or extend the filter toward the opening by twisting the filter and once it's in the correct position lock it with the jam nut.
14. install the throttle body silicone coupler.
15. install the air intake tube on to the filter and silicone coupler.
16. plug in the connector for the air temperature sensor and breather hose on to the air tube.
17. double check all the clamps make sure every thing is tight and make sure no tools or hardware left in the engine compartment.
18. double check coupler to hood clearance make sure its not touching. if they are open the clamp and adjust the angle/ tilt. That is it. You did it enjoy the new intake and extra power and cool look.